This past weekend Brad and I went to our quarterly adoption support meeting. It was not the most uplifting meeting but it was good to hear- nice reality check. The topic was Birth Mothers (BM) who change their minds. Evidently, last year was one of the toughest years the agency has had on BM's changing their mind at the hospital. The stories shared last weekend were heartbreaking but even some of those heartbreaking stories had happy endings. One family even was strong enough to do a 30 day trail with the BM keeping the baby. I couldn't imagine not knowing for 30 days if I was going to have a baby or not. Overall, it was nice to be in a room of strong supporting people and I am very grateful for our agency.
Then, a topic at church Sunday tied in perfectly to what I experienced on Saturday at the meeting; I was able to see God in other people's lives and learn from them. In fact, one girl at the meeting said you can't go around being scared that an adoption might not be successful you just have to trust that the right outcome will happen and if it isn't what you expected God will THEN give you the strength to overcome it. I think this speaks to not just adoption but everything in life. Living in fear is not the way to live. If someone would have told me after my first miscarriage that I wouldmiscarry three more times and survive I would have thought they were crazy!! After my first miscarriage I thought it was physically and emotionally impossible for me to go through that kind of pain again and still be normal. But only by the strength of God I have become even stronger through this process- I just have to remember to look to Him for guidance, strength and peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment