Well, November started off with a bang and turned into a very long week. Last Friday November 1st as I was about to leave work I get a text from my case worker. It basically said "...there is a birthmother giving birth next week and needs a family, interested?" So naturally my response was can we call you? ha! Long story short, we sent our old profile from our previous agency for this mom to view. She is currently working with a small agency here in Dallas. Her previous selected adoptive parents backed out and she is very picky and didn't like anyone else she looked at so the agency reached out to our case worker to see if she knew of any familys that would be on board.
The expectations for this to work out were very low from the beginning but of course we couldn't help ourselves but to think how quickly our lives could be different. Last we heard, she was planning on keeping the baby, so it looks like we will not get a baby this week BUT it did light a fire under us to get some things done! All of a sudden I freaked out thinking how can I bring a little girl home to an ugly blue room. So, that is getting fixed this weekend- goodbye blue hello pretty neutral color perfect for a boy or a girl:)
I will say, I am happy for all the times our book was looked at and I didn't know. Knowing someone is looking at you as a prospective parent for their child is mind consuming.
Wonder what will happen this Friday? :)

No comments:
Post a Comment