Wow, it crazy how much life can change in a short amount of time. We brought Allie home a little over 2 weeks ago and already can't imagine life without her....although I can imagine life with a little more sleep:)
She had her 2 week follow up and doctor said she looks great! She is now up to 7lbs and grew 1 inch. She still isn't smiling at me but I feel it is coming. She is so sweet and easy...I know that can change any week but right now she's perfect. I am also getting out more which has been AMAZING. I am not the type of person that can just sit at home so even little trips to Target, Central Market or the mall feel so rejuvenating!
Last Sunday Allie had her newborn pictures taken. It was a real "mom" moment for me. First, it was like the first time in 2 weeks she would sleep. Then once we kind of got her sleeping I moved her and she pooped in my hand! When women would talk about stuff like that happening I would think- why would you put yourself in a situation for that to happen or I don't care whose poop it is thats gross BUT it didn't even phase me. In fact, I waited until after the photo shoot to change my pooped stained pants, ha!
On a sadder note, as quickly as my life for the better in the last two weeks my neighbors life changed for the worse. Two days after we brought Allie home our neighbor was admitted into ICU for pneumonia. How quickly his wife's life has changed. My heart is so sad for her. Life is so precious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Baby Allie is beautiful. Such precious newborn pictures. The poop story is awesome! Garrett did the same thing during his newborn pictures too. Well, it didn't happen in my hand, but on their blankets and props. It was an experience all the same. Here's to many more amazing mom moments for you!
ReplyDelete