I haven't posted in a while and am kind of sad I haven't. I love that I can look back at my post from before and right up until we got Allie and just relive all those emotions.
So, what's been going on......
I am 35 weeks pregnant today and really feeling pretty good. 5 weeks ago I was put on bed rest for a shortened cervix which has been really hard. The hardest part of this pregnancy has been that I haven't been able to be as active as I usually am and being put on bed rest has been a true adjustment. Up until last week I really felt 100% but now I am starting to have some pains- mostly hips and back aches that wake me up at night and then just having a huge belly in the way makes it harder to move.
My work and family have been such blessings. Work is allowing me to work from home during this time which I think has saved me mentally and emotionally. It gives me a reason to get out of bed and feel like a functioning adult especially since my mom, mother in law and Brad have been doing everything else for me- taking care of Allie, getting me food, cleaning, etc. I am very grateful for the support of my family! And very lucky my mom is a teacher and has been off work this whole time. She comes over every day sometimes more than once to check on me, bring me stuff and of course bring Allie home and play with her until Brad gets home. Oh and she takes me to all of my doctors appointments! I know this has been a very special time for them to spend so much more time with Allie which makes me happy especially since I hate not being able to play with her as much or even pick her up.
So just some things have been going on the last 5 weeks.
1. Put on bed rest for shortened cervix- at 29 1/2 weeks my cervix measured at 2.1cm
2. The next week it dropped to 1.8cm
3. The next week it dropped again to 1.7cm. They had me take a fetal fibronoctin test- it actually came back positive!! Which completely freaked me out!
4. They put me on blood pressure meds, progestrone, and 2 steroid shots.- The blood pressure meds give me incredibly bad headaches so instead of taking 2 a day I only take one. The steroid shot gave me insomnia- so for two-three days I only slept about 3 hours a night.
5. Last 2 sonos have shown stable with no more shortening. YAY!! Praise God!
The next goal is to get me to 36 weeks which is next Friday!! Then of course I am sure they will say it is to get me to 40 weeks. Even though bed rest has been hard it is all worth it as long as she gets here healthy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment