Last Thursday I started Lupron 2x a day then Saturday added Menopur and Gonal F pen- so I am taking 2 shots in the morning and 2 at night. The shots have to be at the same time everyday and preferably 12 hours apart. So, I decided that 6:30am/pm would work best- it gives me enough time to hit snooze once or twice in the morning and I am easily able to be home by 6:30pm. Overall, the schedule has worked pretty well I was really mad about waking up at 6ish Saturday morning...in fact I am pretty sure I was half way asleep since I thought I messed up on mixing some of the meds and ended up throwing out a full dosage...this is probably what led me to having a slight cry session that morning. Oh! and I was planning on going to the Ranger game but then I found out they changed the start time to 6:05....I guess it's for the better since they are playing awful right now, ha!
Back to the shots, they really are not that bad. In fact, I can hardly feel anything when I am inserting the needle. This has been a HUGE relief; the lovenox shot I took during my last pregnancy and will end up taking again is a bigger needle and the medication stings going in so needless to say it makes the shots I am taking now seem like a piece of cake! Now, I will say I am feeling/noticing some side effects. I am a little more on edge.....meaning people are really getting on my nerves quickly, ha! So here is your warning if I am short I am sorry. Next, after I take the Gonal F I feel really loopy- like I just downed a glass of wine but it only last about 20 minutes then I am fine. In fact, it might be calming me a little bit b/c I have been pretty mellow the last two nights. Finally, I am noticing some bloating nothing too crazy but a little bit; I hear it can get pretty intense so I have saved all of my sun dresses for this week:)
Tomorrow I go to the doctor for blood work so I will update you once I hear back on that!

No comments:
Post a Comment