Sunday Brad and I had our typically day. We went to church, ran some errands and went grocery shopping then went home to watch.....football. I ALWAYS have my phone by me but I guess a day of running around made me tired so I took a nap and left my cell phone in my purse. At 5pm Brad noticed a text from our agency it said the BM was in labor!! I looked and sure enough she had called me one hour ago. Luckily, we just through on shoes and drove there so fast we are pretty sure we broke some laws, ha! We go there right after she had the epidural so Brad and I got to be in the deliver room and see her enter this world. It was the most amazing experience...I even got to cut the umbilical Brad could have but he was about to pass out the doctor made him sit down, ha ha ha!
Allie was born 7:08pm weighing 6lbs 4 oz 19" long. She is just the most adorable little girl I have ever seen. Our lives have changed so much already. The BM has allowed us to keep her through both the nights and really have her most of the day! All of the nurses and doctors have been so great too.
Tonight around 7pm the adoption will hopefully be finalized. Today will be a very long day while we wait for discharge and the BM to relinquish rights. The BM has been so strong and sweet to us..... I love her almost as much as I love Allie.
It is already so hard to leave her even for a few minutes.
Brad and I feel so blessed to have her in our lives and for all of our AMAZING friends and family that have helped us out so much. Getting the house ready, bringing baby "supplies" and praying!
Please pray for today to go well. For BM to stay strong in her decision to adopt. I will post more once it all finalized.
My love bug and answered prayer

No comments:
Post a Comment