The adoption process can bring up a lot of questions. Here are some of the more frequent ones I get- I am sure I am missing some but it gives you an idea.
FAQ's
1. Are you adopting a boy or girl?
We are open to a boy or girl.
2. Are you adopting domestically or internationally?
We are doing an open adoption domestically. Most of the birth mothers live in or around College Station.
3. What ethnicity are you considering?
We are open to any race/ethnicity.
4. How much does it cost?
This is a tricky question. Every agency is different, our agency is relatively inexpensive compared to other agencies. There is also a tax credit available.
5. What agency are you working with?
Aggieland Pregnancy Outreach
6. What is open adoption?
Open adoption means you have a connection with the birth family. Ideally, they are in the child's life and the child knows from an early age he/she is adopted. A good analogy I heard was comparing your relationship to the birth family like your relationship with in-laws or cousins.
Regarding open adoption- Brad and I had our fears with it before we went to our first seminar and became more educated in the process. Open adoption doesn't mean a crazy mom is going to come try and steal your baby because she knows where you live. It means that the child always know he/she was never given up but loved.
There is a great overview on open adoption for adoptive parents and birth mothers on this website:
http://www.americanpregnancy.org/adoption/openadoptionadvantages.htm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment