Friday, September 21, 2012

Adoption- house study

I have been somewhat absorbed with fertility stuff this month that I haven't really posted on the adoption stuff  ( as i type this I take a big SIGGGHHHHH).  A few weeks ago I received an email from the lady that did our home study; she had not completed the paperwork and need more information.  Well today I received the final copy of the home study, summarizing our meeting and giving us her "blessing" to move forward in the adoption process.  She is a very sweet and wonderful lady and a lot of the reason the paperwork was not completed was because Brad and I had forgotten to turn in some medical records. As part of the application we both needed to show we don't have TB, HIV or are druggies.  I can only imagine the looks that were going on behind my back when I was clarifying to the front desk that I need to have these test included in my physical.  Thank God I am not easily embarrassed by stuff like this!

 This has kind of been a weird process.  The typical process for our adoption agency is :
1. go to seminar
2.Submit Application - this is not a one page document but more like a text book of pages
3. Intake interview with agency.  This was a pretty intense interview about our faith and marriage.
4. Get accepted - and fill out more paperwork!
5. Have Home Study completed- this is another interview where they also check your home to make sure it is safe
6. complete Life book and turn in
7. Attend quarterly support meetings
8. Trust in God

well our steps went more like:
8,1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 5, and we haven't done 7 yet.

I mention all this because it was frustrating to think they rushed us to get our book in (which hindsight I am okay with) and then to think they may not have showing the book as often b/c the case worker never turned in our paperwork. 

Even though I am excited about trying to get pregnant again I am excited in a very different almost stronger way about getting a call that we have a match.

No comments:

Post a Comment