So, we got our 25 page activation agreement. There were a few things I had forgotten as I read through it but one thing caused Brad and I to pause for week before deciding. There is a clause in the agreement that states if we become pregnant we must notify the agency within one day and our account will be deactivated for one year! Additionally, the activation agreement includes a payment of 4K which we will lose if we don't "obey" the agreement. WOW. For someone that has miscarried at 8 weeks 4x this was disheartening. We decided to take a week, enjoy the holidays and pray about what our next steps should be. Should we stop trying all together and just focus on adoption? Should we do both and test our luck that my pregnancy will get past 8weeks? Do we just wait to tell once I get past 8 weeks? Should we put off adoption and try a little bit longer? Even as I type this I am not sure which is the best decision.
Thanksgiving was yesterday and I briefly got to hang out with my cousins and their kids....they are all girls and just as sweet as can be but one of them was just the cutest thing ever! She giggled and laugh so loud it filled my heart with joy and sadness at the same time. Holidays are hard...I don't want to buy adult gifts...I want to buy baby gifts. I normally put my Christmas decorations up the weekend after Thanksgiving but I just don't feel it.....maybe next week;)
I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving!




