Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekend

Over the weekend Brad and I went to College Station for our quarterly support meeting with our adoption agency, APO. It was a pretty quick trip- we woke up early on Saturday drove down, had lunch with my cousin, went to the meeting and headed home.   The meeting was good, it was basically over strengthening your marriage and relationship with God before you have kids. Then we went around the room and talked about where we are in the adoption process.  There were a lot of 1st time meeting attendees like ourselves.  There were actually three couples with their newly adopted (less than 6 months) babies.  When we first got there I was a little surprised there were babies in the room; with everything going on with me I am trying to avoid babies as much as possible so I don't have a complete emotional breakdown. But, by the end it was nice to hear of success stories and it just gave me a little hope that one day we will have  kids.  It was also some nice "Amanda and Brad" time- Brad has been working a lot so getting to spend lunch, dinner and 6 hours in a car was enough time together to get me through the next week, ha ha.

Now I am just waiting on my Wednesday appointment and PRAYING I hear/see a little heartbeat pounding away.


No comments:

Post a Comment